Mario Kart 8 is one the best games that came out of the Wii U console. Even though the Wii U didn’t perform very well for Nintendo, Mario Kart 8 has been a total success. The popularity of Mario Kart 8 can be seen by the legion of fans the video game has. Luckily for Mario Kart 8 fans, the game has been given an extension and will continue on the popular Nintendo Switch. Gamers will be able to compile their precious DLC packs. There will also be new features in one definite pack that includes a full fledge Battle Mode.
This Mario Kart 8 Deluxe guide is full of tips and tricks. It contains everything about the Deluxe edition that you need to be aware of for the Switch version.
MK8 Mechanics & Features
- For those that enjoy playing with friends, you can have up to 8 with the local multiplayer. That includes 12 players online. Players will have a new ability to change characters and carts in online lobbies.
- You will have the ability of carrying two items at the same time.
- For new players, there is a novice smart steering feature to help make driving easier.
- The Wii U only offered 720p. The MK8 has improved visuals which include 720p60 on handheld and 1080p60 on TV.
- For an extra level of boost, there is a third pink color tier for whenever you are corner drifting.
- There are new Battle Modes with eight arenas and five modes.
- The Fire hopping technique has been removed.
- The Wii U’s DLC updated of 200cc race class which includes Time Trial.
MK8 Courses & Characters Improvements
- For completing every cup at 200cc, there is now a six unlockable character named Gold Mario.
- You get 3 deluxe-only vehicles which are two inspired by Splatoon and the other by the Koopa Clown.
- 16 extra tracks are included in the DLC updates. There are new courses, original and old available. Some of them are inspired by several Nintendo franchises, Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing.
- You get 6 DLC racers and new themed vehicles which are: Dry Browser and Isabelle, Link, Cat Peach, Tanooki Mario, and Villager (girl and boy version).
- From the original Mario Kart 8, you get 30 characters and 32 courses.
- If you purchased DLC packs on Wii U, you get the palette packs for Shy Guy and Yoshi.
- There are now 5 Deluxe-only characters. They are: Browser Jr., King Boo, Dry Bones, Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy from Splatoon. Each of them with 3 palette swaps available.
- The Mii racer based on Splatoon figures have new Amiibo costumes.
There are a bunch of new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tips and tricks you can do now, along with some of the old ones. They include mastering the drifting system, staying in first place while in a race and using the slipstream system to get ahead. You also have the ability of pick up many coins, use all of the ghost data the game has and gain speed using stunt boosts. These are just some of the many tricks you can do on Mario Kart 8. The game is very fun and addictive. Once you start playing, you won’t ever want to stop.